Bitcoins & Online Poker
Bitcoin is a new "crypto-currency" that has been around since 2009. It's completely digital and transactions are made with absolutely no middle men. That means no banks, transaction fees, or even personal information involved! Like other 'commodities', bitcoins appreciate in value over time as well, meaning you can earn profits on your bitcoins while you play online poker. It doesn't get any simpler than bitcoin.
At PokerSites.com, you can find the very best poker sites accepting bitcoins. It's time to start betting with this great digital currency and playing poker the 21st-century way.
Benefits of Bitcoin
- Super-fast deposits and withdrawals
- Anonymous transactions so you will never be hacked
- Invest in virtual currency and earn profits
How to Use Bitcoins
Bitcoins are 100% digital. Not a single bitcoin has been printed or minted. They are not insured by the FDIC. It's all online, and you can directly transfer, buy, or sell bitcoins using a computer or a mobile app without any middlemen. It's a lot like transferring cash digitally, but there are no credit card fees and banks involved in the process.
You have to store your bitcoins in a "digital wallet" (or a virtual bank account) which can be on your computer or in the cloud under your name. It can be software-based, mobile-based, or web-based.
In 2017, there are more bitcoin online poker rooms cropping up everywhere. Poker sites that accept bitcoins have the same great Texas Hold'em and Omaha action as rooms taking credit cards. They're also great for real-money players who want to keep their card details safe or who fall foul of banks declining gambling payments.
Getting Started With Bitcoins
- Bitcoin is different to what you are used to. To get started visit Bitcoin.org and read their helpful guides .
- Once you've read up on Bitcoin you need to select a wallet where you'll store your Bitcoins, agian bitcoin.org have a handy list of available wallets.
- After choosing a wallet you need to get some Bitcoins, you can do this by buying from someone you know, being paid in Bitcoin or buying them from an exchange, howtobuybitcoins.info lists where to buy from. Ensure you check who you are buying from!
- When you've got your hands on some Bitcoins, simply visit one of the sites above who accept Bitcoin depsosits and you'll be at the table in no time.
How Are They Created?
Bitcoins are "discovered", not produced or printed. Lots of bitcoins are "mined" using super-servers or via software installed on your hard drive. By mining them, you're helping build the Bitcoin economy, but there's a catch: there's an infinite number of coins produced, and as the years go by, we will reach a point where no more are mined.
Theoretically, therefore, the value of bitcoins will continue to go up. But as with any commodity, the value of Bitcoins can go down as well as up. In April 2017, one bitcoin (BTC) is worth $244. Just a year ago, they were worth $1200; you can see the volatility.
As well as mining, you can buy and sell Bitcoins at online exchanges or other users. (Try Coinbase.com and QuickyCoin.com as two solid exchange sites.) You agree a price then complete the transaction. From there you can make deposits at any of our top Bitcoin poker sites.
Some poker rooms that accept Bitcoins only offer games that are played in this currency; others will convert them at that day's conversion rate.
We Find the Best Bitcoin Poker Sites Online
If you're looking to "mine" the best poker sites accepting Bitcoin in 2017, you're in the right place.
Our team evaluates each of our poker rooms that accept Bitcoin to make sure it delivers on cashouts and customer service. As well as a solid record on transactions, it must also have good player traffic so you aren't waiting around for a table to fill.
Our careful selection has resulted in a list of the absolute best Bitcoin online poker rooms. Pick one of our great websites and get yourself the best welcome bonus around; all without using a credit card.
Our Top Recommended Sites
- Accepts All US Poker Players
- 100% up to $1000 Sign Up Bonus
- One Account for Poker and casino
- Accepts all US Players and Credit Cards
- Grab a great 100% sign up bonus up to $500
- Use some of the easiest poker software